Monday, February 14, 2011

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils". ~Louis Hector Berlioz

Several days ago I posted about my best friend's passing. He was 77yrs. young, that's 11 yrs. in dog years. And I use this quote for today's post as some 18 mos. ago, I wished I could have stopped time in it's tracks. I searched for some cosmic herculean power that could have froze time and prevented any further passage. The consequences would have eliminated the sorrow I'm experiencing now, would have saved his life, and countless other undertakings to occur. But now my life is blanketed by such an indescribable and irrefutable anguish that I wish time would accelerate as the race car at Indy. The days languish and the minutes prevail as the heat on a summer's day. I ask myself for the future to come, but unfortunately not soon enough. The youthful zealot only fears time as it impedes their progress. I think Einstein's quote I used several weeks ago, "I don't worry about the future, it will come soon enough". For my little boy, the future came far too soon. And while I prefer to think that he didn't die of cancer, his future and ultimately, he just ran out of time.

I often think how I will get by in the days, weeks, and months to come. I will have to remind myself to get out of bed in the morning, the sun will rise, and another day will begin. I will be so very sad that he's not here with me, but so very thankful that for the last 11 yrs. he gave me his best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't seem fair that Dancer passed so soon & Kisses is still hanging on now 18 mos. with only one trip to CSU & no other holistic measures. I'm still in shock. I really thought Dancer would see another couple years. Our hearts go out to you! When you feel sad & overwhelmed try to dwell on all the great times you had with Dancer & love your other furry kids.