Thursday, February 3, 2011

Neither Rain, nor Sleet, nor......





I promise this post won't be a weather report from St. Louis. I will have to "lead" into it with a brief explanation of how these photos were come by. We had the opportunity to get a major dump or a brisk taste of ice and sleet. And in the words of that dashing and bumbling sleuth-Maxwell Smart, "Missed it by that much". Instead of a crippling 18", we received still a crippling 4-6" of sleet. As I've said in previous posts about St. Louis drivers...get off the road when bad weather hits. Enough already!!!

What I'm more interested in with these photos and the reflective thought that whisks in my mind is the undisturbed and eloquence of which freshly fallen snow radiates. I look at the crisp line of ice fervently adhered to a tree branch, or the gentle balance of the shadow of the tree proceeding across the settled path of snow. Or even the undisguised trail of a deer searching for perhaps food or it's gentile berth for the evening. These are more than enough approximation of thought to look at my own life. Have I (or you) for that matter walked to far ahead of our daily lives not as the proverbial quote says, "stop and smell the roses?" Maybe I should have placed a rose picture instead. Do I think of that trail the deer is attempting to follow and apply it to my own life?? In the 60yrs. I've been here am I on the right trail, unfettered by those mundane trivialities that seek to clutter my life? I think of the quote, "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened for you". Gosh....if I'd only learned this about 53 yrs. ago.

No comments: