Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"What is this Illusion"



"What is this illusion we call the innocence of youth, maybe only in our blind belief can we ever find the truth".

This is a line from one of my favorite Christmas songs, "My Grown Up Christmas List" and I look at this photo of this very young boy with childhood dreams in his eyes intently gazing with that "innocence" of his youth.  These words echo in my heart today and I wonder if his "blind belief" in a fantasy world without wars, where every man would have a friend, and right would always win can a dream still come true.  He sits there with a hope maybe that as he wishes for a new train set, or baseball glove, that a co-existence of all humans, Jews, Muslims, Christians become dependent on their mutual love for life and embrace the diversity in each.  I would hope his young mind would absorb the frailty of the human condition and understand that innocence doesn't have to be "blind" but that his and all men can have that faith to "make right always to win".  I always rely on one of my favorite quotes to bind this faith together: "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies".

No comments: