Wednesday, January 2, 2013

357 Days Until Christmas or Wed. Night-Jan. 2, 2013

As I sit down at the "pearlie whites" and get into a fierce debate with myself about what to write for my next blog post, I question my rationale in how long I'll be able to keep up this pace in keeping this Christmas theme in my posts.  The local radio stations have abandoned the Christmas music already.  Odd in that most of them started their "theme" music just before Thanksgiving.  I always scoffed at this as I tended to bastardize this idea believing it would become ad nauseam far to early and that by the time Dec. 25th rolled around, listening to "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" would lead most of us, including me, into serious reflection on how much cymbalta it would take to bring us back to reality.     And surprisingly, (at least this year), I haven't felt that way at all.  In fact, I continue to listen to several of the Christmas CD's I made as they're in my car CD player.  I mentioned in a previous post that a couple of songs have or are my favorite Christmas tunes, "My Grown Up Christmas List", "Where Are You Christmas?", and "Mary Did You Know?".  And the theme or message in these songs aren't just for this time of year, but for the remainder of the year as well.  I think of the words in Grown Up Christmas List and how can one not be absorbed by the words, "not for myself, but for a world in need", no more lives torn apart, that wars would never start", or as Faith Hill charms us with, "where are you Christmas, why can't I find you, why have you gone away?" Christmas doesn't have to change as long as we validate in ourselves that this spirit must refuse to die.  "Christmas is here, everywhere, Christmas is here if you care, if there is love in your heart and your mind, you will feel like Christmas all the time".  This is the theme I refuse to let go.  Whether I'm 357 days until Christmas, or 45 days until Christmas.  I know this particular post is very similar to my post a few days ago as I use this same song.  For me, it's about the impassioned precept of not just a world where we can live in peace, but in your neighborhood, your workplace, your home. Please join with me in sharing this love with each other.  In light of the horrific tragedies that occurred so close to Christmas this past year, or even the shameful behavior of our governing bodies, I think of all people-Rodney King may have said it best, "Can we all get along"?

No comments: