Tuesday, January 8, 2013

One More Day Closer

The whole idea of compassion is based on a keen awareness of the interdependence of all these living beings, which are all part of one another, and all involved in one another. ~Thomas Merton

No, I haven't abandoned my notion of keeping the Christmas theme throughout the year.  It's just that I've had a liking for the works of Thomas Merton and came upon this quote early today, or actually yesterday as I'm looking at the clock and realize that as I'm typing this, it's Wed. morning.  Yikes....where, and how did I let the time get away from me.  That'll be another discussion for another post at another time.  But, as I read this quote and was applying it to a situation that I was faced with late in the afternoon with one of my students, the idea of compassion and the interplay of ALL people sort of struck home.  And, while my student and his interaction with another student was foremost in my mind, the harmonious bonds that our people in our country and the world should allow to ferment became very clear.  So, in keeping with the Christmas theme, I leave you with those famous words as he sprung into his sleigh...."Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight"


No comments: