Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Winter's Day


As I anxiously await the next parade of that "fallen shroud of snow", I reminisce of the lyrics to Simon and Garfunkel's hugely popular song-"I Am a Rock" With it's deteriorating method of separating oneself from human emotion and void of feeling anything for anyone it saddens me to think of those who've aligned themselves to this philosophy. One must impale oneself to be incumbent on all forms of human emotion...good or bad. It lends that person to experience the joys as well as the sorrows we're often surrounded by. It's much easier as Simon laments,"I won't disturb the slumber of feelings that have died", rather than risk heartache. But better to risk the pain of loss as Tennyson quotes, "Better to love and lost, than never to have loved at all".

No comments: