Thursday, January 6, 2011

The FUTURE IS NOW


"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."-Einstein

Interesting quote and how true. In my old philosophy days it conjures up memories of sitting in the "Grand Pubah" class and trying to discern any semblance of order to his lectures. I can remember him saying after one of his edifying discourses on order in the universe or the existence of God in the natural world, "I give you Descartes"!! I don't think any of his students quite followed his thinking (not that it may have been seriously flawed from a previous night of imbibing with fellow "Vinnies'). But my title of this post-"the future is now" seriously parallels Einstein's. For the future comes soon enough as each fleeting moment is in the past and the next moment is in the future. It comes way to quickly as who can stop time?? And I must honestly admit, there have been many moments most recently when I wish I could have stopped time...to be locked in the hear and now....not having to face the future. But, alas, as I don't have that propensity, reality sets in, and I'm only grateful that I continue to be thankful that each day is a gift.

No comments: