Friday, December 28, 2012

AND, ON WE GO-362 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!!





We received our first dusting of snow today....nothing of Glacier Park proportions, but it's covered the ground (not the streets), and as I gaze out my window and watch the last remnants trying to deplete itself from the wayfaring clouds, my mind still is engrossed by the failing days of Christmas.  I had received an email from a dear friend across the country yesterday and the "subject" of the message, she had entitled, "Two Days After Christmas".  I briefly told her of my latest blogging entries and how I am steadfastly yearning not to divorce myself from the Christmas season or spirit.  Jokingly I said maybe subsequent emails to her would be entitled as such: "360 Days until Christmas, or 359 Days until Christmas......"  So, in keeping with this theme is why I've named this blog entry, "362 Days Until Christmas".  If you're a regular reader of my blogs, (can't see why not : >)))-there's wisdom, entertainment, good photography, and some humor) you'll know how much I love snow.  And, what better way to assimilate the Christmas season than with snow.  I mean, isn't this how Santa makes it around the world so quickly?  It's much easier to land on our roofs, get out of his sleigh, and have Rudolph and Co. get a flying start with snow on the roof.  Granted, our snow was a few days late, but I've got it on good authority that he's been still delivering presents in our area.  There was a dastard comment he heard called "Fiscal Cliff" and didn't want to disappoint any of the children.

But getting back to this snow thing and it's absorption into the folklore that if it must be Christmas, there must be snow.  As my last several blogs have had this Christmas theme, they've also touched upon the understanding that if it's Christmas, there must be snow, and so, there must be Christ.  In previous blogs I don't disguise my unrelenting belief in Faith and how it sustains me now.  And as I watched the undiluted ice crystals fall helplessly to earth, the serenity of His promise to all, "Come to me all you who are labored and burdened, and I will give you rest" lulls me into muted tranquility.  It's this element of Christ that we so inexcusably take from this season.  And maybe this is what I'm trying to vigorously defend....keep Him not just now, but for the rest of the year as well.

No comments: