Saturday, December 25, 2010

"Now Dancer"



Christmas 2010 has come....and will be gone in several minutes. I think of this marvelous poem and the hopes of every child from 1-99. As I lay there with "visions of sugar plums dancing in my head", I listen for the prancing and the pawing of each tiny hoof on my roof and I await his arrival down my chimney to only be covered from head to toe with soot so tarnished and black, I can recall in a moment my wish to him. I saw the twinkling of his eye, and the nod of his head as he looked at my stockings so eager to thread. His nose was so red and cherry, that my hopes for fulfillment never were to vary. He filled them love and trust for I knew to win was a must. He finished his work and gave off with a jerk, and up the chimney he rose to give me a tweak by a nose. I heard him say as he settled in his sleigh...."Now Piper, Now Dancer, on Remy"

At last I heard him say,"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night".

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus and He came to my house this 25th day of December, in the year 2010.

No comments: