Sunday, November 15, 2009

My Silent Pawdners'


They are the strong, the silent, the mysterious, the delicate, the background purveyors of mediocrity. In some eyes, they are devilish, independent, aloof, and vastly inferior. To me, I don't give them enough "air time" on this blog. They are my Silent Pardners, quite capable of as much affection, love, devotion as my canine buds. They have been as much attentive to me on this emotional roller coaster as any four legged friend could be. They are always readily seeking me out for a warm lap, or a cuddle side by side on the comforter. And not the least shy about letting me know it's time for their meager morsel of 1 tsp. of canned food to supplement their dry food. They're constantly ready to leap tall buildings, dart faster than the speeding bullet, and certainly more powerful than a locomotive as they scurry about leaving only the wisp of their fur to chase their toy stuffed mice scantily scented with the elixir of the gods-catnip!!! Who would imagine that such a benign dried substance could arose the Kubla Khanish mentality and elicit such a perplexing response. Are they on a acid induced euphoric dream...is it something that Kurt Cobain himself longed for...or is that their endorphins have suddenly reached the pinnacle of enjoyment?? Who knows, who cares....for me, their delight in the simple joys of life bring a smile to my face and certainly a tear to my eye of their simplistic approach to life. They are my Riley, Georgy, and Re-Re!!

No comments: