Sunday, November 22, 2009

Could I have been more thankful?

There are some 86,400 seconds each day and I often wonder how many of them I give up as thanks. If you read this blog, you know how my life was literally turned upside down several months ago by what seemed as totally unnecessary and most assuredly as not fair. But as I’ve written in previous posts, life isn’t always that-fair, and it would have been projective to have blamed God for what happened. We often become critical of His involvement or seeming lack of it when bad things happen to good people. Do I consider myself a good person…most of the time. I try to lead my life by a straight and narrow moral compass. I fail miserably at times and yet, I know it is my faith that continues to return again and again to seek guidance and forgiveness and use some of those 86,000 seconds to return to grace. I give my thanks each day that “my boy” is here with me….not just him, but the others as well. For when you’re given a bleak outlook and the world turns inside out for you, one can’t help but realize that His involvement was always there. How much time will I be given….I am thankful for any.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure what I originally said except that Dancer & Piper looked like they're having a good time. We too are greatful for our little girl Estee, our Shih Tzu who is now 5. I can't imagine life without her. She makes life more enjoyable because she loves all the grandchildren when they come to visit!