Saturday, November 7, 2009

I Was Given a Gift


I look at my boy differently each day now, as I do my other two dogs and even my kitties. God granted me a gift in Sept.of this year and while this gift continues 24/7 I am totally respectful of life, its frailty and its total effervescence. The dynamics of life being able to change as rapidly as the race car driver shifting into his turn at Le Mans. I was also given a gift of trust from Dancer. For he put his trust and unconditional hope in me. It is with those undeniable qualities of him that we have completed a major hurdle in his treatment. It scares me sometimes to think that his entire world revolves around me....that I am the center of his universe. I am honored, truly to have that kind of endearing sentiment. And yet, it is knowing this that I may consign this sentiment to others. I am unbelievably humbled that I learned this from a dog. It took his total trust in me to understand my human spirit and my unrelenting faith not just in him that I would take care of him, but I had to again put my total faith in my God and bring it to His altar. It was from Dancer's spirit that we prevailed, or at least I did. I cannot thank him enough, other than to be his rock, his steady and assure him each day what he has given me. I post this picture of him (and me) as an embodiment of my enduring love for him. And while he is pressed against me, it is I with my arms around him, cherished to give me strength.

No comments: