Saturday, February 28, 2009

Quote and Thoughts for Today

As I prepared for my next class assignment this evening, I had the TV on and was half listening/watching one of my all time favorite movies, "Finding Neverland" with Johnny Depp, Cate Winslet, and one of the hottest actresses of all time-Julie Christie. It's the story written by the Scottish playright-J.M. Barrie of Peter Pan. The proverbial boy who refused to grow up.....something that I'm akin to. If you remember the original movie or Disney Production first airing in 1955 on TV starring Mary Martin (go figure) as Peter Pan that what an event this was. It's where I first fell in love with the whole notion of Peter Pan and the fact that he could "fly". Along with his friends, Wendy, Tinkerbell, Tiger Lilly, they created this magical world of imagination. I begged my parents to get me some of the fairy dust so it could be sprinkled on me and I could "fly" through the air and escape all my childhood fears. Since that production there have been numerous adaptations of it, "Hook", "Peter, and Wendy", but for me and many my age there will only be one Peter Pan-Mary Martin.

I take from the play for today's quote, "So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land".

So, here's to all that all your fears and tribulations will disappear as you escape to your Never Never Land.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Peter Pan!

Be sure to check THIS out, it's a Pan adventure like no other!

http://www.peterpansneverworld.com/

BELIEVE!