Monday, March 9, 2009

White Buildings and Blue Sky




I just took these pictures over the weekend. I was out looking for ways to compose and shoot images that I could manipulate to give the impression of motion, or fluidity and blur. Of all the aspects that photographers strive for, it's the perennial sharpest image we can muster. However, my current photo assignment for class is to do just the opposite....create an image that has a "ghost image" or is blurred. It's like telling noted chef Mario Battaligia to cook his pasta nice and soft as opposed to "al dente". Many of the Victorian photographers and even into the 20th century, blurred images began to surface as giving the feeling of instability and ambiguity. So, to settle my "angst" in having to complete the assignment, I had to present the simple image of the white buildings with the blue sky, less I start on a heavy dose of prolixin chased with some lexapro. Don't worry, it's not your eyes that are going bad and no matter how hard you squint, the image won't come in focus. It's not one of those trick pictures that after you've let your eyes "relax" you'll see a lamborghini with Halle Berry waving at you. But if you look hard enough, you will see several cars with their lights giving the impression of motion.
Enjoy


No comments: