Sunday, August 12, 2012

Spring Morning


Wow, I look back at my last post and again wonder where the time as gone.  There has been somewhat of a "mental diffusion" of what I've done with this blog.  And, the only thing that I can attribute to is a lethargy of mind and spirit.....and of course-body.  For to separate my ass from the couch sometimes takes a back hoe.  It's not that the mind has gone stagnant for there have been many times when the thoughts were "flowing" like the proverbial river, but my gluteus maximus was hermetically sealed to Old Mother Hubbard.  But, I was watching a silly movie the other evening-"Kindergarten Cop", (I confess...I like it) with the Honorable-the former governor of California, or maybe he doesn't deserve the title, "Honorable" since he fathered a child while still the governor even while Maria was pregnant with their child.....oh well, such is the life of a politician.  But pardon me, I digressed for the moment.  As I was watching this movie, there was a scene where he was reading one of A.A. Milne's stories...."Spring Morning".  In case you're not familiar with A.A. Milne, he's the author of the Winnie the Pooh stories.  I love these.....there the epitome of what I believe most people should adhere their lives too.....the simple, unfettered, and relaxed state of mind that would add years to our already complicated lives.  So, here's to Pooh, Piglet, Winnie, and Co.


"Spring Morning"

Where am I going? I don't quite know.
Down to the stream where the king-cups grow --
Up on the hill where the pine-trees blow --
Anywhere, anywhere. I don't know.

Where am I going? The clouds sail by,
Little ones, baby ones, over the sky.
Where am I going? The shadows pass,
Little ones, baby ones, over the grass.
If you were a cloud, and sailed up there,
You'd sail on water as blue as air,
And you'd see me here in the fields and say:
"Doesn't the sky look green today?"
Where am I going? The high rooks call:
"It's awful fun to be born at all."
Where am I going? The ring-doves coo:
"We do have beautiful things to do."
If you were a bird, and lived on high,
You'd lean on the wind when the wind came by,
You'd say to the wind when it took you away:
"That's where I wanted to go today!"
Where am I going? I don't quite know.
What does it matter where people go?
Down to the wood where the blue-bells grow --
Anywhere, anywhere. I don't know.


No comments: