Thursday, August 16, 2012

365

On Feb. 12, of this year I made a similar post to this one.  It was about time, death, and exposure to certain unexplained phenomena that we experience in our lives.  Today I'm experiencing some of those ethereal moments that really have no explanation or rhyme.  I lost my little girl-Piper a year ago today.  Just like in Feb. of this year when I acknowledged Dancer's one year passing as well, I expressed my sadness, my sorrow, my void in my life.  This "anniversary" was not any easier than the one in Feb.  In retrospect, death has not become any less significant nor has its impact been less unavailing.  Two very close friends of mine passed several months ago and their deaths have not been ineffectual.  I know that we don't live forever and unfortunately, our pets don't either.  Way too often, they leave ahead of us.  Like the mother or father who loses their child, the grief is almost unbearable.  Yet, bringing a pet into our home, we know all to well that this is going to be the likely outcome.  How do we overcome our sadness and what procedure, what strategy do we use to impede that irrefutable sorrow that often controls us?  We pray, sometimes we drink or take legal or illegal controlled substances, we speak to our minister or pastor, we read words of consolation from a philosopher or other spiritual mentor. Some of these actually help.  But, if there is such a thing as a universe that is truly connected on some unrevealed cosmic entity, then there is another person in this universe that we're unquestionably aligned with.  It may not be in a physical sense but more so as a spiritual or mystical, even transcendent.  When I needed that boost today to ignite might mood, my unparalleled person came forth with those very words that I would have searched endlessly to ease my sorrow.  All from a lady I had not seen, nor spoke to in 17 years.  I cannot give you an explanation as to why this chance encounter took place several months ago.  Was that meeting a consequence of serendipity that brought her words to ease my grief?  I am awestruck by this unparalleled universe that intersects what the philosophers describe as fortuity.  Until some simple explanation can be discerned, all I can say for now is, there are no words in the English language to describe what your words of consolation have done for me.  I know Piper would say the same, "thanks K for taking care of my Dad".


No comments: