Monday, February 1, 2010

Thoughts for today


Well the pace of my blog has suffered in the last few weeks as I've tended to rest on my laurels so to speak. The recent activity has centered around my pup-Dancer and his struggle with cancer. And while I know the "bastard" can still win, I choose to relinquish my preoccupation and adhere to the more subtle delicacies of life-such as orchids. It's not that I don't fall back on his condition and my continued hope that the "bastard" won't win, I must distract myself. I'm giving up a quote from that famous poet-William Wadsworth Longfellow for some more fluid thoughts for today.

"Look not mournfully into the past, it comes not back again. Wisely improve the present, it is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future without fear and with a manly heart."

And while I humbly approach these words with trepidation...the shadowy future must not be laid with fear. I know it with His intervention that I will have a manly heart.

I shot the Orchid Show at the Botanical Gardens this weekend.

Here's one of the images I enjoyed.

No comments: