Monday, July 20, 2009

Let's Dance-r


Life is certainly not fair sometimes. We often, no, actually always want the easy road. However, I must admit that adversity almost always gives us strength and discretion when it arises. For without adversity, we would not have those gifts that allow us to rise to the occasion. I have been given one of those unforeseen adversities today. It was one that I had been praying truly would not be given to me. And yet, I knew somehow it was out of my hands and the "luck of the draw". There is the old adage, "what does not kill us, makes us stronger". I can only say that it will be my faith and the power of prayer that will see us through.

My "Big Boy" Dancer, was diagnosed with a nasal tumor. And while he lies in a crate in the vet's office, most probably with a runny discharge from the procedure, my prayers will call out that I be blessed to have many more years with him. This is where the power of the internet becomes a pariah. For in the very knowledge that it bequeaths to us, there is that same knowledge that breaks our heart. If anyone reads this blog and you have a pet, (or don't, it really doesn't matter) say a special prayer for my boy tonight....thanks.

No comments: