Thursday, May 28, 2009

"ANSEL"



Oh well, I couldn't resist after posting about the Tetons, I had to go through my vault of pictures of the Tetons and one very famous image created many years ago by some guy called Ansel. I mean...who in the world names their kid "Ansel"?? And once they've named him that what the hell do they think he's going to grow up to be...selling hot dogs on the streets of New York??

I'm fairly certain you'll recognize the image that "Ansel" took and he just happened to sort of make a name for himself and it wasn't selling hot dogs on the streets of New York or any other street for that matter.

I give you one of his most famous images and then my meager attempt to emulate his image by shooting mine from the same vantage point that he shot his-The Snake River Overlook. Mine was taken some 60 years later. And as you can tell, it's no where near in the same class as his. I can at least get an E for effort as my dad used to say.

No comments: