Friday, May 15, 2009

And the Winner Is......


I don't like to toot my own horn and for the the majority of the time with my images I'm more content to shoot for my own pleasure and no one else'. I truly believe that image creation and satisfaction comes from within. It is pleasant however, to get a positive feedback on something that I've created, especially from someone who I don't consider a friend; because we all know that our friends are going to like what we do. At somewhat of an "urging" from others, I submitted several photos for our student art show at my community college. Not expecting to be recognized for these images and certainly not expecting to be chosen to be exhibited and certainly not expecting to "win", I was pleasantly surprised to have won 3rd honorable mention for this image. I am often somewhat amused at how judges determine their particular choices. I am even more perplexed at how they narrow down their selections for the number of images that were submitted truly had what I consider outstanding quality. Several of my classmates also submitted images that I considered excellent. Why this one was chosen is at best confusing. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In light of that, however, I am truly greatful.

No comments: