Monday, April 6, 2009

Gerry's Place



This is Gerry's Place if you haven't figured it out yet. I really am captivated by this place. It has many of the aspects that photographers look for in shooting. It has some architectural dimension with the arched garage doors and the rectangular ones as well. It certainly has texture with the peeling paint and oil stained parking lot. It has a great deal of character with the wooden display sign and it's rapidly decaying name set. And certainly the face of the building with the structural cracks and additional chipped paint gives one the idea that it's just about ready for the wrecking ball. But wrecking ball it's not for as many times that I've been by this building on the weekends, I happened to drive by during the week once and found it to be a bustling little auto repair shop. It was full of cars that were awaiting their time in the shop for whatever repair they were in need of. Some day I'll have to walk into the shop and see if it's interior is as colorful as its exterior.

I shot this is in HDR, a process that I am increasingly finding another "art" form.

No comments: