Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Lord Giveth

I must confess that I really don't understand life and all it's wondrous hesitations.  And even more so with death and the sublime interruption that it flails on us at the most inopportune times.  Just when I think I may have an inkling to the schedule that has seemingly been ordained, the rug is pulled from me and I'm left gathering my emotions at another bend in the road and an abrupt hesitation at a very inopportune time.  And as my heading implies, it really is a decree that has been determined by God for truly He does giveth and must taketh away.  And that He did one week ago without warning, without preparation, without hesitation.  He called my beloved little "Piper" home.  The loan He had so graciously given me 15 yrs. ago was up and her final place was with Him.  She will now follow Dancer and I know he was waiting for her at the gate to show her around.  He'll introduce her to some friends of ours that have gone before and were waiting for her.  And the Lord Taketh Away
And Dad, if you're reading, take care of my little girl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan, I just wanted to let you know that I'm giving up Blogger so don't be surprised if I disappear from your dashboard in the near future.
Thanks for your posts and the comments over at my place, I can honestly say you're one of the best writers I've come across.
Best Wishes, Paul.

At Mary and Paul's Place said...

Hi Paul,
I'm so sorry to see you go. Is this gong to be permanent? I've been checking your blog over the last few months and haven't see a post. I was worried that something had happened to you. Then the other night I saw that you had made a post on 10/18 and was glad to see you again. I too had been lax in posting as my dog's death again put a damper on my writing. Sort of got lazy as well. I truly hope that you don't give your blog up for good as I enjoy your muses about our ladies. Thank you for such wonderful comments about my writing. I never fancied myself as a "writer". I truly just let the "juices" flow which I believe are someone else talking through me. I'm hoping that you'll return and nothing is preventing you from staying.
Always,
Dan

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dan, I appreciate your concern.
I'm happy to tell you I haven't had any problems, it's been more a case of the unusually good summer and a lack of motivation that's prevented me from posting.
That last post I did was completely spontaneous and has rekindled my interest a little so I probably will post something as and when I feel like it.
I'll look forward to reading your posts too.