Monday, December 8, 2008

THE SOUTHWEST























This is "Maria" and she posed so apologetically for me as she said she had just awakened. She was so gracious. This little cantina is set in the mountain village of Truchas, New Mexico and the views to the west are simply breathtaking.

.
I'm often asked when people see my photos of panoramic sky pictures if I've done anything to enhance the sky or changed the color of the sky. I tell them no, that the sky is simply breathtaking. I can't think of another place where I've seen such a blue sky





The Taos/Sante Fe area is a photographer's paradise. It's almost impo
ssible to take a "bad" photo there. I first went there about 12 years ago on one of many motorcycle trips. I especially find the Taos/Pueblo
vi
llage a contradiction. While the village itself is a
stunning pictorial, it is a depressing array of a life gone awry. The village used to house some 1000 people but over the years there has been an exodus and now some 50 people live full time within the walls. They have no running water or electricity.
Most of the inhabitants work outside of the village. The church-St. Jerome was built in 1850 and is still in use. People wishing to get married there must book their date months in advance.
















No comments: